Real Estate Recordings
GOLDEN VALLEY COUNTY RECORDER
NEW RECORDING FEES
NDCC 11-18-05.1.a and NDCC 11-18-05.1.b
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017
• $20.00 for documents with 1 to 6 pages
• $65.00 for documents with 7 to 25 pages
• $3.00 per page for any additional page over 25
• A 1 inch margin must still be provided on one side of each page or a $10.00 margin fee will be assessed, as it is today.
• Related document numbers, or book and page will allow for the first 10 listed free, and any additional related numbers will be at a fee of $3.00 per document number.
• The first 10 sections listed will be free and each additional section listed after 10 will be a fee of $1.00 per section listed.
• FONT SIZE NDCC 11-18-05.1.a.(2) “The printed, written, or typed words must be considered legible by the recorder before the page will be accepted for recording and, unless the form was issued by a government agency, must have a font size equal to or larger than ten point Calibri.”
• ALL DOCUMENTS MUST have a 3 inch [7.62 centimeters] margin across the top of the first page of each instrument for recording information.
o NDCC 11-18-05.1.a.4 “A space of at least 3 inches [7.62 centimeters] must be provided across the top of the first page of each instrument for the recorder’s recording information. If a space of at least 3 inches [7.62 centimeters] is not provided across the top of the first page, the recorder shall add a page, and an additional page charge must be levied in accordance with the fee structure.” ▪ Submitters can add a cover page with the title of the document at least 3 inches from the top of the page and this will serve as the first page. This would ensure the submitter knows exactly how many pages will be counted.
▪ If a recorder must add a page and a 6 page document results in 7 pages, the $65.00 fee will be charged.
▪ If the recorder adds a page to a 25 or more page document, the additional $3.00 per page will be assessed.
NDCC 11-18-02.2 STATEMENTS OF CONSIDERATION
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
Only 1 of 2 statements of consideration will be accepted on a Deed or Affidavit of Affixation:
• A statement of full consideration paid for the property conveyed
• A statement designating one of the exemptions in subsection 6, which the grantee believes applies to the transaction
For more information regarding document recording or full consideration statements, see Downloads.
Birth and Death Certificates can be obtained from the Division of Vital Records HERE.